Monday, February 24, 2014

Composition Techniques




There are many Composition Techniques you can use to make your image or video interesting. However, there are four main techniques Rule of Thirds, Framing, Unusual Angles, and Leading Lines.

 Rule of Thirds are when the subject of the image is placed a to the right or left not the center, I have used this technique in many of the pictures me and my friends take and in videos for my Pd.2 G.T. class. The next technique is Framing. Framing is when there is a natural frame around the main focal point of the image, this technique is good for pictures where the main focal point of the image is important.

Unusual Angles is my favorite technique, it makes your video or pictures really interesting because it shows the subject in various angles like upwards, downwards or diagonal.The final main technique is leading lines. Leading Lines is when something natural is leading your eyes to the main subject. For example if the subject were next to a fence and the photographer took the picture against the fence, the fence would lead the viewers eyes to the subject.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you have a lot of details in your writing! Also I really love your panorama at the top of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete